Monday, August 18, 2008

8/14 Update

Ruben and I went to the parks from 8:45pm-12am. Somehow, neither of us had ever been on the many rides found in A Bug's Land, so we decided to stray from our normal DCA routine of Toy Story Midway Mania and explore a bit. We tried out Heimlich's Chew Chew Train and Tuck and Roll's Bumper Cars, though we didn't have enough time for Flik's Flyers which I was truly disappointed by, though hopefully we'll get to ride it tonight! After getting off of Heimlich's train, I exclaimed to the cast member that it was the best ride I had ever been on and she gave me a look like I was crazy. Oh well. We were lucky enough to exit A Bug's Land just as the Electric Parade was coming by so we had to watch and dance to our favorite part. At Disneyland, we rode the usual assortment of rides, as well as Matterhorn and Pirates.. two rides we love but don't ride too much (Ruben's Note: I can't quite say I love Pirates that much... I just like to name the Skeletons at the start. Rebbecca is the bearded one and Fernando is the one with all the treasure in case you were wondering). As usual, we had our hearts and stomachs set on In N Out after the park closed, but took a little too much time wandering out of the park to the point where we weren't sure if we could make it to the restaurant before their 1am closing time. As we were leaving the parking structure, I told Ruben that we would get to In N Out at 1:02am, and surely enough the clock struck 1:02 as we pulled up to the drive-thru speakerbox. We were so nervous that we had missed it, but luckily, someone spoke up to take our order. We were so excited that I think I may have screamed like a little girl as I told the In N Out speakerman that we sped all the way from Disneyland to make it there. However, he was not as excited as he replied with an "Excuse me?". Oh well, we got our food that we wanted and watched the intense lightning show across the sky as we ate. All in all, another great night.



No comments: